Saturday, June 21, 2014

Two Tips


  I was preparing a couple of pieces of walnut for a small project.  As I squared up the piece I reached for my yellow pencil crayon to mark the wood.  The first cheap quick tip for today is use white or yellow to mark on dark wood.  If you've got kids there are pencil crayons laying around, if not check out an art supply store and buy a single pencil.  While a standard graphite is visible, yellow is Hi-Vis.  


  My second tip:
  I have always found taking the bottom bag off my dust collector easy, getting the bag back on; directly challenging gravity, not so easy.  Some times it became a swearing situation.


  After going out of my mind every other  month for a couple or years I hit on a way to reduce the agony.


    I put one of those big yard waste bags into the bottom bag.  The heavy paper provides enough support to the cloth bag so that I can get it replaced on the bottom of the dust collector and the tension ring around the bottom of the dust collector tightened up. (with much less trouble)  I had tried the bungee cord trick but never had a cord of the right length for it to really work. Having the yard waste bag in the dust collector means not having to dump the saw dust into a bag later too.

No comments:

Post a Comment