Monday, August 4, 2014

Clever Wood Workers

  It is pretty hard to have a wood shop with out lumber.  Wood turning doesn't need sawn lumber but everything else starts easier and progresses faster when you start with dimensioned lumber.  Here is Canada there is no shortage of available lumber.  In the GTA (Greater Toronto Region) where I live there are plenty of places to buy both rough and dressed wood.  

  The history of the saw mill is a history of innovation and danger. Recently I was sorting wood in my shop and thought of a video I'd seen a couple of years ago, and began to think of sawn lumber.



   I am always impressed by the power of the human spirit and the mechanical genius shown by my wood working brothers.



  From horse power to mechanical detail, wood is impressive and so are woodworkers.

cheers,
ianw
  

  



No comments:

Post a Comment